Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Monday, August 17, 2009

Nachos Libre


This afternoon was spent in the rush of purchasing, paying for, loading, unloading and putting away enough groceries for seven people for one week. And by the time I was finished, it was 2:30. No wonder I was so grumpy. Hunger does that to me. But what to eat? (The question of my life nowadays.) Something about looking at all that food makes me indecisive. I see all the ingredients for my 21 meals and get overwhelmed. Too much! Too soon! I was in a panic to get something to eat NOW.
I recently found out that I can't eat the Nachos at Chili's Restaurant. I almost cried real tears. I have been eating those for eight years thinking they were safely gluten free. Not so much. It was a sad day. So I decided to make myself some homemade nachos for lunch. It took a grand total of two minutes, and while not an exact replica of Chili's recipe by any stretch of the imagination, they still hit the spot. Everyone out there probably has their own coveted nacho recipe. I'd love to hear them. Leave a comment with your favorite nacho toppings.
Nachos Libre
8-12 Santitas corn chips
1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 diced homegrown tomato (personal choice!)
2 T canned green chiles
1 cup fiesta blend shredded cheese
Place chips on a microwave safe plate. Top with beans, tomato and chiles. Spread with shredded cheese. Melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers