Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Friday, January 8, 2010

Gluten Free Chicken Parmigiana

One thing you have to remember when working with me is: I tend to do things that are really similar to the real thing and call it good. If you haven't learned that yet, let me begin with primer number one: Fake Chicken Parmigiana.

It's not that it's not really chicken or not really parmesan cheese, it' just that I have five children and a picky husband and I can't eat wheat. So I put together a quick version of one of my favorite dinners and called it that so people would know about what it tastes like. Actually, I think the only difference is that mine is not baked. However, enough backstory and ON TO THE RECIPE.

First, I made a batch of Crusty Chicken and set it aside. While I was making the Crusty Chicken I boiled some gluten free noodles for me and some regular noodles for everyone else. When the noodles were done I drained them and plated them. I topped them with a Crusty Chicken Cutlet, then I poured some Prego sauce that I had warmed in the microwave (so gourmet!) and then shaved some parmigiano reggiano over the top and let it melt. That's it. So easy to put together, and on the table within 30 minutes. Mmmm. So good in the dead of winter.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers