Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This is proof that husbands can and do listen to their wives' hints about birthday gifts: the coveted Boos Block is now in my posession! I think it looks nice with my Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix cupcake and Betty Crocker Cream Cheese frosting, don't you think? Hey, at least I added coconut to make it look a little more special...that's what happens when you bake your own birthday cake every year.


Are you wondering what to give your celiac friend for their birthday this year? My friend Amy gave me the all-time classic: Chocolate-Covered Strawberries. You just can't go wrong with that!


Happy eating and happy birthday to everyone throughout the year from Off the Wheaten Path!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I just found out that a lady I visit teach has celiac but she also is a type 2 diabetic (wouldn't THAT totally suck?) so that really limits me on what to bring her.
    Maybe one or two wouldn't hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell her about agave nectar...actually, tell you about agave nectar, too, for Hailey. It has a really low glycemic index and is sweet like honey. You can bake with it and stuff. Just give her a bottle! Way easier...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers