Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Martha's Got Her Gluten Free On

image from Martha Stewart.com

I was flipping through my latest issue of Martha Stewart Living, which came to me with darling Easter eggs on the cover, and what should I find in the food section in the back? Gluten Free recipes!Woot to Martha for getting with the times! One recipe was for Rice-Chex crusted Salmon and another was for Banana Nut Muffins. If you search"gluten free" on her website, they actually have a lot of gluten free articles and recipes already. Most of them are from Body+Soul, which I don't subscribe to, or else I would have alerted everyone sooner. Hmm, maybe a subscription is in order.
As always, I applaud any mainstreaming of gluten free recipes and ingredients. It seems so simple to me, as a consumer, that all manufacturers and restaurants and magazines have to do is add two simple words to their tagline or menu or labels to cement their relationships with customers: gluten free. I know it's much more complicated than that, since they need experts and test kitchens and people who read labels and whatnot, and the added ink cost for those two extra words, but still. One can dream. I read an interesting blog post about gluten free labeling here, at Gluten Free Living's blog. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about it. Thanks to Martha, not only for teaching me how to be a homemaker for all these years, but for being willing to give up a little page space for the rest of us.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers