Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Monday, May 3, 2010

Lipton's Gluten Free Onion Roasted Potatoes

This is one of my favorite ways to come up with new recipes: read the box. I know, so complicated you could die, but worth every second it takes to look on the side of the box you are using. I was pleased to discover that Lipton Onion Soup Mix is gluten free, and I've used it in several crock pot recipes to add extra flavor and punch to my slow cooker dishes. But the other day I grabbed a box at the store and happened to notice a recipe on the back for, you guessed it, Onion Roasted Potatoes. It was so easy and the results were delicious, so that makes the cut for a Margo-approved recipe. I made these alongside Shannon's Gluten Free Barbeque Ribs the other night and it was definitely a great easy dinner. Here's how to make them:
Lipton's Gluten Free Onion Roasted Potatoes

4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/3 cup olive oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with contents of the packet. Smoosh the potatoes around to coat them. Roast for 35 minutes, stirring once so they don't stick to the pan.

Mmm. Just reading about them makes my mouth water. What is your favorite Onion Soup Mix recipe?

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers