Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Friday, June 4, 2010

Fish on Fridays, Part 2: Baked Orange Roughy with Lemon

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about y'all! The problem with being a blogger is sometimes the guilt that comes from not writing as much as you want to because of a little thing called life that gets in the way. I need to work on that. Anyways, it's time for Episode 2 of Fish on Fridays, my foray into cooking one of America's favorite healthy foods. My disclaimer here is that I am by no means a professional fish chef, and apparently not a professional fish photographer, so all of these recipes are going to be easy, fast, and possibly idiot-proof. This week's recipe is for a gluten free baked Orange Roughy.

Orange roughy is a mild, white fish that is easy and delicious when baked. When I was in college my friend Jake taught me how to make this dish, although back then we used flour. I remembered how easy and tasty this was, so I tweaked the recipe just a bit and still got the great taste I've always remembered. First, I breaded a filet of orange roughy in cornstarch mixed with a little bit of salt and pepper. I placed it into a baking dish sprayed with Pam and drizzled the fish with a little bit of melted butter (about 2 T) and a squeeze of 1/2 a lemon. I baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, or until it flakes easily. (Remember, flaky is good with fish.)
Then I served it up and was actually impressed with the texture of the breading and the overall flavor of the fish. Cornstarch will make things have a little bit more crispy coating, and I liked it with the roughy. Voila! Fish in a flash, I should say.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers