Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Best Gluten Free BLT You'll Ever Eat

This year I planted five tomato plants, which is a lot for me. I am the only one in my house who eats tomatoes, so that was pretty ambitious of me to plant so many. My real intent was to can some of those tomatoes, but first I have to figure out how to do it. Until I figure it out, I've made myself quite happy with Gluten Free Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwiches at lunchtime with my home grown tomatoes, which everybody knows are the best kind of tomatoes you can eat. I start with two slices of toasted Udi's Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread, and then I mix up the secret ingredient: Gorgonzola Mayonnaisse. Now, this may sound like something entirely too fancy for a housewife to be eating, but I assure you it's the easiest spread in the world. Take 2 T Best Foods Light Mayo and add 2 T crumbled Salemville Amish Gorgonzola and mix well. Spread this lumpy concoction over your toasted bread, add cooked Tyson bacon on one side and sliced tomatoes on the other (both will hold onto the mayo a little better than lettuce) and then add a couple of pieces of lettuce in the middle. Slice down the middle and you've got yourself the best gluten free BLT you'll ever eat. Mmm, I think I'll have one of those for lunch myself today. Good stuff.
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers