Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Monday, October 25, 2010

More Fun With Greek Yogurt: Greek Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce


Sitting at my computer this morning eating my breakfast of a yogurt parfait with granola (which seems to be my go-to breakfast these last few weeks), I decided I really wanted to find another recipe that uses this high-protein, gluten free yogurt. Luckily Emilie from Yoplait had emailed me some yummy yogurt recipes and I think this is one I'm going to try soon, because a)I've never actually eaten a turkey burger, and b)I have had yogurt/dill sauce before and it is DIVINE, and c)the only substitution I'll have to make is getting my own gluten free hamburger buns.


Greek Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce

Sauce:
1 6 ounce container Yoplait Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Burgers
1 pound ground turkey
1 cup (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 gluten free hamburger buns, like Dr. Schar's version or your own homemade ones
1 thinly sliced tomato

In a small bowl, mix 1/2 of the cup of yogurt with other sauce ingredients, place in refrigerator, covered, and chill. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. In another medium bowl, add burger ingredients and the rest of the yogurt and combine well. Shape into four patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Put patties on the grill and cover; cook 8-10 minutes, flipping after 5. Burgers are done when a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees. Serve on warmed gluten free buns with tomato slices and yogurt sauce.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers