Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gluten Free Christmas Gifts #9: Just buy a pie plate

This post has me a little nervous. Remember back at the beginning of all of these Christmas posts when I said these were all simple, cheap ideas? Well, this is a great idea but not so much on the cheap aisle. So I apologize, but really, if you have a best friend or a mom or sister that you want to give something to that is a little more on the fancy side, this may be for you. I'm using two of my favorite bakeware items to show you the kind of stuff that really gets the job done, and if I were to get one of these presents, as a baker I would be totally excited.

My first choice for you is to get the Emile Henry pie plate and wrap it up with a Gluten Free Pantry Pie Crust mix. (I think their packaging looks different now, but you get the idea.) Why Emile Henry, you may ask? Because it's the best. Made in France, it completely bakes a flaky pie crust and look at those fluted edges. And you must wash it by hand, and everyone knows that anything you wash by hand has to be better. Cost? $40. It comes in tons of great colors and if Emile is reading, I really love your bakeware and wow, don't you want to send me another one? I digress.

Your second choice is the Le Creuset baking dish, which also comes in a host of colors, is also made in France and also makes things bake up perfectly. I like these oval-shaped ones because they are so versatile. You can do scalloped potatoes, a casserole, chicken breasts, or even brownies in them. These little babies are actually available at most TJMaxx stores for quite a discount this time of year, so check and see if you can find one for your special friend. I think I paid around $15-$18 for this one. I added a Chocolate Cake Mix from Namaste and cute green polka dot ribbon.

As always, you can fix anything with ribbon! And I found the cute gnome and heart ornaments at IKEA in a pack of 8 for around $3.

Happy giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers