Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So Many Announcements...It Feels Like Jr. High

Remember back in the day when you'd be sitting in Utah History with Mr. Vendetti and they'd come in over the loudspeaker from the office like, four different times with announcements and you would just wonder why they couldn't have one sheet of paper taped to the counter where everyone could write the announcements and they could just interrupt you once? I feel like this post is channeling Junior High Announcement time. So many random things I need to tell you about at once.

First of all, don't forget about tomorrow's FREE gluten free cooking class at Macey's Grocery Store in Sandy (7800 South and 1300 East) at 7 p.m. where I will be unveiling for the FIRST TIME a brand new exclusive Thanksgiving recipe. If you're local, come on by, it's a good time. Did I mention we get to eat the food after?

Secondly, I am proud to announce some changes at Off the Wheaten Path. No, I don't have an assistant OR a laptop, and I haven't opened my own etsy shop, and I haven't found a cure for celiac disease, but within the next couple of days we will have a brand new look here at the blog. April Showers has been hard at work re-designing the blog and I think you'll like the new layout and features, but please feel free to let me know if there's something that doesn't work or a glaring omission, which I wouldn't put past me in my current forgetful state. (5 children in school, sports, and church will do that to a woman.) What this new design means is that I will now be able to (hopefully, if I can figure out how to do it) have space for advertising on the sidebar, so if you are a vendor or a business that wants to advertise to Off the Wheaten Path's die-hard audience, contact me via email for a special introductory ad rate. I'm really excited about this. I love to click on the little buttons on other blogs to see what people have going on, and I'm hoping to get some of my favorite products involved, too, so people can find their products more easily.

Thirdly (I know, it should be illegal to say "thirdly" ever in a sentence), next week I'm going to be doing a week of Gluten Free Christmas Gifts, which may be the most fun I've ever had with food before. So check out the posts next week to get some great ideas for the gluten free eaters in your life.

Fourthly, I'm dying to know how all of you are doing your holiday celebrations this year. I'm the type of person that loves to hear how other people do things and get ideas for ways I can improve my life. So the question is this: What is your favorite gluten free food (dessert, treat, meal, side dish, salad, anything) that you eat every single year during the holidays? What do you bring to your parents' big dinner or what do you look forward to making with your kids? My list-topper has to be Sugar Cookies. They just make the season complete for me. I love cutting the shapes and making four colors of frosting and passing out from the sugar on the couch after. Leave a comment or a link to the website with your recipe...let's see who's eating what this year!
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers