Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Warning: Lipton Onion Soup Mix is NOT Gluten Free...


I must interrupt this glorious holiday season with an apology. I have given a couple of recipes on Off the Wheaten Path's website (namely Perfect Pot Roast, Onion Roasted Potatoes, and Scrumptious Chicken) that call for Lipton Onion Soup Mix that is apparently not gluten free. Yesterday at the store I was going to buy some of the Lipton brand and I flipped over the box (a habit I developed years ago after discovering on accident that Corn Pops were not gluten free) and found that they have now given a source for the autolyzed yeast extract that they use: barley. Sigh. I'm so sorry! As my gift to you, I'm offering a substitute: I found a simple easy recipe link that seems like it might actually be just the trick on Easy To Be Gluten Free. It calls for dried minced onion, gluten free beef boullion, and onion powder. I'm going to try it over the holiday and see how it works. Again, apologies! We now resume our regularly scheduled merrymaking.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers