Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Chocolate Chip Cookie Trick


I love making Brian's Toll House Cookie Recipe with my Grandpa's Kitchen flour when I'm in the mood for a cookie. The other day I was talking to my friend Anna who can just make up a recipe from thin air and a can of beans about them and telling her she needed to buy a scoop to make cookies with so they all turn out the same size and it is way faster. She went "pfft" and said to roll the dough into little balls between your hands because it makes a little crust on the outside and the cookies are soft and tender on the inside when you bake them that way. Of course I poo-poohed the idea when we were on the phone (I am, after all, an expert baker.) but secretly I was intrigued, so I tried it. Guess what? She's right. And I hate it when she's right. So try this method next time you're making chocolate chip gluten free cookies. It works. Grumble.

Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look fabulous!

    I am soooooo craving them!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers