Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Monday, March 7, 2011

Super Easy Gluten Free Pasta Alfredo with Seafood


Ugh. Sickness. Everywhere I turn there's sickness in my house. Four of the seven people who live here are sick, including me. I have spent the last three days in my bed, which normally would make me really happy, but when I feel this terrible it's just not worth it. So that explains the lack of posting this week. Sorry, but sometimes life intervenes with blogging.

And sometimes life intervening causes creativity to surge, if only for a moment. When I started feeling like I was coming down with something, I thought I could make a simple pasta dish for dinner that would take 15 minutes, tops. As the noodles were boiling I realized three things. One, I had no alfredo sauce or Prego sauce in my pantry. Hmmm, how about a scratch sauce? No cream in the fridge, either, and not much milk because I hadn't been to the store for a few days. Sometimes scrounging in the pantry produces great results. I found a can of evaporated milk and a can of tiny shrimp. I had just enough Gruyere cheese left over in the fridge from another recipe to make a sauce. Whew, that was a close one. What could have been a dinner disaster turned out to be a delicious variation of one of our favorites. I thought it tasted divine, and I cooked some more noodles and added the leftover sauce the next day for lunch and it was just as good as the day I made it. Here's the super easy recipe:

Gluten Free Easy Alfredo Sauce

1/4 cup butter
1 cup evaporated milk
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 T parsley
1 can drained tiny shrimp
1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add milk and garlic and cook over medium heat until just below boiling, stirring constantly. Add cheese and parsley and stir until melted. Add shrimp and peas and heat through. Serve over Tinkyada Gluten Free Noodles.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers